Olympia Noise Co. has released Ondes – an expressive musical instrument for iPad, inspired by early electronic instruments, such as the Ondes Martenot and the Theremin.
According to the developer, Ondes emulates the fluid playing style of those classic instruments, with an interface and synthesis engine firmly grounded in the present day.
- Expressive Playing Surface
- Slide freely between notes, Ondes doesn’t limit you to the keys on a keyboard.
- Adjustable note snapping for ultimate flexibility in playing style and ease of use.
- Vertical movements change volume, adding dynamic possibility to your music.
- More polyphony than you have fingers!
- One and half octave keyboard range moveable from C1 to F#6.
- Guidelines in any major or minor key.
- Unique Synthesis Engine
- Morphing wavetable oscillator with five wavetable sets.
- Wavetable modulation sources include y-axis, sine wave, noise, circle, and ADSR envelope.
- Resonant low pass filter.
- Filter modulation sources include ADSR envelope, sine wave, and y-axis.
- Amplifier section with master volume and ADSR envelope.
- Large selection of reverb types with adjustable amount.
- Delay effect adjustable level, feedback, time and filter.
- Beautiful Design
- Visualization of synthesis parameters makes for fun and intuitive editing of parameters.
- Clutter free screen lets you focus on making music.
- Built-in Manual
- Audiobus and interapp audio included. Record directly to Garageband and other audio apps on your iPad.
- Supports Audiobus State-Saving
Ondes is available in the App Store for US $7.99. If you’ve used Ondes, let us know what you think of it!