Samsung wants to get more audio + MIDI apps running on their devices.
To help do this, they’ve released a new software solutions for Samsung Android devices, Samsung Professional Audio SDK 2.0 and Soundcamp:
- The Pro-Audio SDK 2.0 provides low-latency audio and MIDI functionality to Samsung Android devices, and it also has zero-latency Audio/MIDI connections between independent music apps.
- Soundcamp is a Samsung-developed mobile DAW app that harnesses the full power of the Pro-Audio SDK and can be integrated with multiple 3rd party music apps for up to 8 tracks.
Professional Audio provides the following features:
- Musical Instrument Creation
- API for creating professional instrument applications
- Support for all functions of the JACK Audio Connection Kit
- Plug-ins for acoustic piano, steel guitar and a standard drum kit
- Support for USB Audio devices
- Support for Audio input
- Usage of the real-time scheduler
- It can make a connection between apps at the SDK level
- It is easier to move to other apps and support its remote control
Samsung encourages developers interested in making music apps for the platform to register for the 2014 Samsung Developer Conference, being held November 11-13th in San Francisco, CA at the Moscone Center. At the conference, you will be able to get more details about the SDK and Soundcamp, with live demos and their future roadmap.
Details on the SDK are available at Samsung’s developer site.
via Samsung’s Taemin Cho