Tubbutec has introduced the Juno-66 – an upgrade for the Roland Juno-6 and Juno-60 synthesizers.
The upgrade adds MIDI and many new features, including new play modes, advanced portamento, a powerful sequencer, filter LFOs, detuning, alternative tunings and more.
The Juno-66 kit includes:
- Juno-66 board with MIDI connectors
- 40 pin IC socket
- 5 overlay stickers for your synth
- Parts for filter and pitch bend control
- Stencil to mark locations of holes
- 4 black M3 Screws and nuts for the sockets
Here is a video intro to the Juno-66 upgrade:
- MIDI in- and output. Can output key presses, arpeggiator, Powerarp and chord memory.
- Additional play modes: Polyphonic, Duophonic, Two Monophonic modes, Chord Memory and Polychord. The Mono- and Duophonic modes feature adjustable fatness
- Portamento for all play modes with adjustable speed and behaviour
- Powerarp: A powerful sequencer that includes breaks and note lengths and can be triggered by the arp clock, trigger, midi clock or midi trigger. Features various direction, transpose and random modes.
- Two additional filter LFOs: A triangular LFO with a frequency of up to 8kHz and a S/H style LFO with various clock sources.
- Detuning. Turns your Juno into an organic analogue synth.
- Alternative tunings: Select from a range of non-equal tempered tunings.
- MIDI filter, pitch bend, arp and portamento control.
- Settings via an internal configuration menu or external midi controller.
- Extra features accessible using the existing Juno controls
- Comes with sticker overlays and all necessary parts
The Juno-66 upgrade is priced at 167,00 €. See the Tubbutec site for details.