iMusicAlbum has introduced the iOS app FieldScaper, described as an ‘advanced field recorder, combined with sound warp engine’.
The developer says that the main purpose of FieldScaper is to shorten the way from recording samples to creating ‘spectacular soundscapes’.
FieldScaper consists of two main parts:
- The first part is the field recorder with special options for different ways of recording environmental sound from microphone or record other sound sources.
- The second part is the scaper sound engine. The two parts connect with each other, but can also be used separately.
Here’s a video intro:
- Loop based mode for recording and processing in real-time.
- Auto start record when input signal appears.
- Auto stop record when silence or by time.
- Record timer in seconds or measures.
- Monitoring input signal with different modes.
- Automatic gain control of input signal.
- Predefined filters for input.
- Noise gate on the input.
Scaper sound engine:
- Three sample-based oscillators with complete processing.
- Low-pass, high-pass and band-pass filters with resonance.
- Two range delay with smooth time change and additional modes.
- Spatial mixer/reverb with side and distance.
- Wide range of oscillator clock speed change with reverse.
- Distortion effect based on masking sample address (like circuit bending).
- Distortion effect consisting of lofi, overload, noise and ring modulation.
- Individual LFO for variable parameters of oscillators and filters.
- The “Main effect” function for control several parameters simultaneously.
- Presets for save all parameters of oscillator and filters.
- Predefined presets with wide range of effects.
- Convenient file manager with groups of files by name or date.
- Complete MIDI control for all faders, knobs and other modes.
- Possibility to download additional samples in different audio formats.
- Uploading samples thru Web access, clipboard, from another app and iTunes.
- Different color schemes available for the user interface.
- Detailed application description.
- Supports Audiobus with “State Saving” feature.
- Inter-App audio compatible.
FieldScaper is available now for US $5.99 (introductory price).
If you have used FieldScaper, let us know what you think of it!