Soulsby Synthesizers have launched their first Eurorack module at the 2016 NAMM Show.
The Oscitron is a wavetable oscillator, featuring the wavetables and biquad filter algorithms of the Atmegatron. It also has an audio input which provides a whole host of new features.
Features from the Atmegatron:
- Wavetables from Atmegatron and Delayertron software
- 15 Biquad filter algorithms
- Phaser effect (now controllable via CV)
- Pulse width effect (now controllable via CV)
- Wave crusher
Features new to the Oscitron:
- Variable wavetable size (16, 32, 64 or 128 samples)
- Pitch quantizer
- Wavetable capture via audio input
- 4 wavetable capture methods:
- manual button press
- internal clock
- external clock gate input
- continuous mode (vocoder style effects)
- Wavetable capture “minimum length” paramenter, controls timbre of captured sound
The Oscitron will go on sale in March/April this year. Pricing is to be announced.