Superbooth 16: Rossum Electro-Music has introduced the Assimil8or, an 8-channel sampler for Eurorack modular synthesizers.
The Assimil8or Multi-Timbral Phase Modulation Sampler provides eight independent channels of sampling, with sound quality that can range from extremely hi-fi to low fi, all with extensive real-time CV control.
- Eight-channel multi-timbral operation. Each channel will be available from its own independent output as well as appearing in the stereo mix output.
- Superb 24-bit A/D and D/A conversion.
- Mono or stereo sampling. Channels can be configured as eight mono voices, four stereo voices, or any combination. (Well, any combination that adds up to eight).
- Unique timbral capabilities with the ability to phase modulate samples by external analog signals or by other samples (a first, we believe).
- Variable sample fidelity with independently selectable sample rate and bit depth.
- Real-time CV control of bit depth.
- Extensive sample manipulation and looping capabilities.
- Sample scrubbing under CV control.
- One-shot or gated sample playback with variable release time in gated mode.
- Gate/trigger inputs and CV inputs for each sample that can be assigned independently for each channel to virtually any sample parameter. Examples include:
- Bit Depth
- Phase Modulation
- Sample Start
- Sample Length
- Loop Start
- Loop Length
- Release Decay (for gated sounds)
- A front panel accessible SD card for sample and preset storage.
Assimil8or will be available this Fall from Rossum Electro-Music dealers worldwide. Pricing is to be announced.
17 thoughts on “Rossum Electro-Music Announces Assimil8or 8-Channel Sampler For Eurorack Synths”
I’m praying this is as good as it sounds. Could be a total breakthrough in modular sampling.
Taking bets on final retail price!
Closest without going over wins!
I’ll open with $850
I’m going to guess $749
Thank you Rossum Electro !
Take My Money Now.
After all this hype in the eurorack-world i took a step back and look at all this madness … i mean you can produce a sample-keyboard with all this features for a good price and more options.
All i want to tell you is: people don’t get fooled
“keyboards” are so yesterday, free your circuits …
The key with eurorack is expandability; While you most likely could get a sample-keyboard with similar features for less, you’d have to do quite a lot of patching around and hacking about to get the same sort of modulation control, assuming you even could. The power in modular is not in the individual modules, but in the combinations of the modules.
Are you sure? You may want to look into this a little bit more.
Actually the power is 12 volts, sometimes an extra 5.
Is there a control for actual sampling to be triggered via cv? Cannot find one.
is that unique, any competitors?
I get that all of CV control is what makes this module special but it seems a total shame to not put a MIDI port on this thing. It’s already got a computer in it so it doesn’t feel like a stretch.
How would it compare to something like Elektron Octatrack?