At Musikmesse 2016, BOSS has introduced the RC-202 Loop Station, the latest addition to the BOSS lineup of live looping devices.
The RC-202 offers looping and multi-effects in an compact tabletop unit. Four Input FX and four Track FX are available at once, and loops can be saved to memories in real time.
Expanded foot control and MIDI capabilities are also included, ideal for looping musicians who have their hands occupied with guitar, keyboards, and other instruments.
Here’s the official video intro:
- Advanced BOSS technology in a compact tabletop looper that can be operated with your hands
- Two simultaneous stereo phrase tracks with dedicated controls and loop status indicators
- Four Input FX and four Track FX simultaneously available for processing loops with DJ and sampler-style effects
- 64 phrase memories (8 memories x 8 banks), each containing two phrase tracks, custom effects/playback settings, and more
- Expanded external control via optional footswitches or expression pedal and MIDI
- XLR mic input with phantom power, mono/stereo instrument inputs, and stereo aux input
- 17 onboard rhythm patterns, including odd-measure beats
- USB for phrase import/export and DAW integration with computers
Pricing and availability are to be announced. See the BOSS site for details.