Electronic duo Infected Mushroom have introduced Manipulator, a ‘vocal processor on steroids’. Or something….
Manipulator can dramatically alter the timbre and pitch of monophonic audio, from subtly imposing pitch and harmonization, to a full-on sonic mangle that will leave you with a totally new sound.
- Bend and sculpt your sounds into new ones
- Alter timbre and pitch of vocals and instruments
- 10 Different effects with endless combinations
- Change melodies of existing performances
- Create harmonies with up to 4 polyphonic voices
- Extensive modulation capabilities
- Real-time processing for live performance
- Supports VST / AU / AAX plug-in formats
Here’s the full intro:
Here’s a production demo by Infected Mushroom:
Pricing and Availability:
Manipulator is available now as a public beta from Polyverse Music. During the beta preview, it’s priced at US $69 (normally $149).
7 thoughts on “Infected Mushroom Debut Manipulator Vocal Processor”
No demo version?
Ah, it’s a Beta version.
Can it act as a performance harmonizer with live MIDI and audio input?
Yes, it can.
I expected it to be lame but it is kinda cool – like a polyphonic autotune + grain shift/delay/distortion
I hear minions are talking
Their Pusher plugin is pretty awesome. Yea, if you’re an audio engineer you can sneer at it, but to finish a track off, it’s a great one stop tool. And cheap for what it does…
no demo? how can i see the added latency in mainstage with my gear/setup? any guesses with MH uln-2 & MS running at 48k, 64 samples system buffer? ah– then how can i know if i can use this plugin?