Andrew Huang shared this video demo of the Erica Synths Pico System II, which they call the “world’s smallest modular synthesizer of its functionality”.
In addition to being the world’s smallest modular synthesizer of its functionality, it’s the cheapest synth with that exact name.
The Pico System II combines the company’s 3HP wide Pico modules into a custom Eurorack case:
- SEQ – powerful 16 step sequencer with 16 pattern memory\
- VCO – 32 custom waves in 2 banks, great 1V/oct tracking and LFO mode
- VOICE – sound source with 8 sound generation algorithms
- VCF1 – Polivoks-inspired LP/BP VCF, ideal for acid-like basslines
- TRIGG – 4 trigger pattern generator that also serves as a master clock for the system. Web-based pattern designer app allows user to upload own patterns
- 2xDRUMS – 64 sample player with 3 adjustable parameters and CV control over them. Web-based app and Pico Programmer (included) allows user to upload his own sound samples
- MULTI – buffered audio/CV/clock signal splitter
- RND – sine/pulse LFO and random events (random trigger, S&H and noise) generator
- MOD – lin/log ASR envelope generator and linear VCA
- 2xA MIX – 3 input audio mixer
- DSP – stereo effects processor with 8 great sounding custom effects
- OUTPUT – stereo output module with headphone amplifier
Pricing and Availability
The Pico System II is available now for €1111.11 ex VAT.