Pittsburgh Modular has begun taking pre-orders for the Microvolt 3900, and the synth is expected to ship in late April 2018.
The company describes the Microvolt as ‘a love letter to the analog monosynth’.
- Voltage controlled West Coast style wavefolder.
- Switchable harmonically rich sine wave.
- External preamp with independent 30x gain and output level controls.
- Classic Pittsburgh Modular low pass filter with extended resonance.
- Dynamic VCA with standard VCA and dynamic low pass gate modes.
- Variable overdrive on output.
- Multi-mode sequencing arpeggiator.
- Chaotic random CV and gate generator.
- Multi-tasking function generator works as a voltage controlled envelope, LFO, and oscillator.
- Highly tuned ADSR envelope generator.
- 39-point Eurorack format compatible patch bay.
Pricing and Availability
The Microvolt 3900 is available to pre-order now, and is expected to ship April 27. For more information, check out the Pittsburgh Modular site.
14 thoughts on “Pittsburgh Modular Microvolt 3900 Now Available To Pre-Order”
Isn’t the Lifeforms SV1 a standalone???
blackbox version yes.
Cool. I really want this as a big brother to my 0-Coast.
Nicely designed semi modular system. Has a fair amount of plus ups. How much is my question. A lot of stiff competition going on out there.
Reserve my opinion till I see a few more videos on it…
$$629.00 …kinda steep $$ for semi Modular…but has plus ups that will make it competitive ….
Pittsburg is definitely moving ahead n doing interesting systems…
I was thinking of the SV-1 black box, which is $70 more but has an additional oscillator. SV-1 still seems like the one to get. Any comments to change my mind?
wth means „plus ups“?
LPG, the Function Generator, nice selection in the Matris I/O to interface to Eurorack n other stand alones like the O-Coast…plus ups….nice sturdy design as well….Pittsburg did a nice job…
WTH not needed in the reply…is that used to keep people from commenting?
Plus Ups. LPG, intesting VCA, nice function generator, interesting I/O matrix selection to interface to Eurorack. Good sturdy build. Great companion for the O-Coast.i I like where Pittsburg is going.
wth bill, seriously
Record quality …. meeeh
Sorry, no near a 0-Coast!
…probably North-Coast…or is that rather South. it´s knobless…
I like somehow…but happy with my 0-Coast :-)…