Developer Bram Bos has released Perforator – an AUv3 Audio Unit plugin designed for rhythmic gating effects.
Here’s what Bos has to say about Perforator:
By tuning the slice envelopes you can create anything from classic staccato “trance gate” sounds to emulations of sloppy pumping sidechain compression.
Two gating mechanisms can be dialed in: an AMP EG gate (the traditional way of gating) and a 12dB/Oct lowpass filter which will rapidly carve away high frequencies from your sound to effectively silence them.
- AUv3 Audio Effect, works in all AU compatible hosts
- automatically syncs with your project’s tempo
- edit Left an Right channel independently
- built-in preset manager with a ton of factory presets
- all AU Parameters exposed for host automation
- user manual available on ruismaker.com
- Universal: works on iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch
- Bonus Feature: AU MIDI output
Note: Perforator is an AUv3 Audio Unit plugin; which requires an AUv3 compatible host app, such as Garageband, Cubasis, BM3 or AUM.
Pricing and Availability:
Perforator is available now for US $3.99.