iLEP (Live Electronic Patch) is a new modular instrument/effect app for iOS that’s designed for live electronic performances.
It grows out of a collaboration between composers and software engineers, with the aim of creating a live-electronic instrument suited to live performance with acoustic instruments.
Here’s an example of iLEP in action, with Schloss Mirabell playing with Cello and iLEP:
The cello has a pickup, which is going directly into an iRig Stomp box (an iPad soundcard). Additional modulation is done with a MIDI foot pedal.
- Modular effect app with various routing and modulation options
- 6 different effects: 2x ring modulator, 2x filter (low, high, band), 2x pitch shifter, 2 delay, degrade, reverb, which can be precisely controlled graphically and by direct parameter input
- 16*16 patch-possibilities with which audio can be routed differently by effects, like in a modular system
- Possible sound sources: Microphone/line in, sampler and pitch tracker, various test signals (sine, noise, sample)
- Various effect parameters can be modulated to different degrees (min… max) by a modulation source (e.g. Midi Express pedal): Excellent for live applications!
- An additional effect parameter can be modulated by midi notes
- Save, import, export and edit your own cue effect configurations
- Different cues can be combined to a set
- Import and management of own samples and entire sample libraries assigned to a set
- Import of midi files for modulation purposes
- Possibility to automatically run through different cues (presets) with time control using the „Autocue“ function
- Possibility to retrieve cues (presets) via Midi Bank and Midi programs messages
- Stereo 3-way input equalizer (high shelf, peak notch, low shelf) to adjust input signals
- Master limiter at the end of the signal chain
- Audio bus and IAA capable (effect node)
Pricing and Availability
The app is currently in development. If you’re interested in beta testing iLEP, you can contact the developers via the project site.