Steinberg has released Cubasis 2.5, an update that adds user-requested features and enhancements.
Here’s what’s new in Cubasis 2.5:
- Native Resolution Support for iPad Pro 10.5? and 12.9?
- Freely assignable effect slots: – Use the pre-loaded channel strip and StudioEQ effects, or tap to replace them with other effects of your choice.
- Five assignable insert plug-ins per track.
- MediaBay multiple file import – Cubasis 2.5 allows to import multiple files at once, thanks to its revised Files import feature available in the MediaBay.
- Maintenance and improvements: – Cubasis 2.5 includes several user-requested improvements for performance and stability.
- Unlimited number of audio and MIDI tracks
- 24 assignable physical inputs and outputs
- 32-bit floating point audio engine
- Audio I/O resolution of up to 24-bit/96 kHz
- iOS 32- and 64-bit support
- Real-time time-stretching and pitch-shifting featuring
zplane’s e?lastique 3
- Micrologue virtual analog synthesizer with 126 ready-to-go presets
- MicroSonic with over 120 virtual instrument sounds based on HALion Sonic, HALiotron and Allen Morgan drum kits
- MiniSampler to create your own instruments (includes 20 factory instruments)
- Mixer with studio-grade channel strip per track and 17 effect processors
- Fully automatable DJ-like Spin FX effect plug-in
- Over 550 MIDI and time-stretch-capable audio loops
- Virtual keyboard, chord and drum pads
- Sample Editor and Key Editor with MIDI CC support
- MIDI Auto Quantize
- Automation, MIDI CC, program change and aftertouch support
- Export to Cubase, iCloud Drive, external hard drives, wireless flash drives, Dropbox, SoundCloud, AudioCopy and email
- Core Audio and Core MIDI compatible hardware supported
- MIDI over Bluetooth LE support
- Full Audio Unit, Inter-App Audio and Audiobus 3 support to use compatible apps as insert/send effects and virtual instruments or simply record their audio output
- Import audio from your iTunes music library or iCloud Drive or iTunes file sharing, use AudioPaste or set up a Wi-Fi server in Cubasis
- Audio mixdown and MIDI export
- MIDI file import and export (Standard MIDI Files, SMF, .mid, .midi)
- MIDI clock and MIDI thru support
- RoomWorks SE* reverb effect providing uniquely professional sound and an intuitive graphical display for instant visual feedback at slightest parameter changes
- Refreshed MIDI editor with ultra-intuitive, lightning fast and accurate handling to edit MIDI tracks and compose music easier than ever before
- Virtual keyboard, chord and drum pads with intuitive note repeat control
Pricing and Availability
Cubasis 2.5 is available now, discounted to $24.99 through July 10, 2018.
5 thoughts on “Steinberg Updates Cubasis To Version 2.5”
I still don’t see mixer sub-groups. Have these been added, or yet again omitted? Or have I missed something here? Apart from that, pretty nice upgrade.
i shyed away from ios daws because it required menu diving.
Look at AUM.
Why do I see the update on my iPad 4 running IOS 9.3, but not on my iPad Pro 10.5 running IOS 11.3?