Sequential has released Pro 2 OS version 1.4, a free update that adds DX-style FM synthesis, alternate tunings and more.
Here’s what’s new in Pro 2 OS 1.4:
- Linear frequency modulation for classic DX-style FM.
- Arpeggiator Beat Sync. This Global parameter quantizes keyboard performance of the arpeggiator so that notes are triggered precisely on the beat.
- Sequencer Direction parameter, which provides new options for sequencer
playback direction: forward, reverse, ping-pong, and random.
- Rest/tie note input during step recording on track 1 of the Sequencer.
- Lock sequence, which allows you to continuously run the same sequence
while changing presets/programs.
- MIDI CC output from the Pro 2 sequencer.
- Trigger/Gate CV output, which gives you the ability to send a per-step gate
signal from the CV output of the Pro 2 Sequencer.
- Alternate Tunings. The Pro 2 now ships with 16 preset alternative tunings
ranging from Equal temperament to Indonesian Gamelan tunings. Other
tuning sets can be downloaded if desired
See the Sequential site for details.