Italian startup Fase Lunare shared this video sneak preview of the Shapeshifter, a DIY Drum Machine.
The Shapeshifter is based on the Teensy development board. It’s called ‘Shapeshifter’, because the project is open source and was designed to evolve.
With the basic firmware, the drum offers:
- 4 voices,
- sixteen different samples for each voice
- independent pattern length
- each drum voice can change pattern between four patterns
- low pass filter knob
- BPM knob
- bitcrusher knob
As it is an Open Source and Open Hardware project, anyone can edit the code or customize the hardware.
- Through Hole Technology
- 32 bit 180 MHz ARM Cortex-M4 processor with floating point unit
- 16 steps keys
- 4 tracks keys
- 1 function key
- 1 play/stop key
- 16 step leds
- 4 track leds
- 1 function led
- 1 play/stop led
- 3 assignable knobs
- 1 170 points breadboard
- 1 slot for custom expansion boards
Shapeshifter will be sold as a kit that is ‘coming soon’. See the Fase Lunare site for details.