IK Multimedia has introduced SampleTank 4, a major update to their multitimbral virtual instrument for Mac & Windows that adds new recordings of concert pianos, keyboards, guitars, bass, drums, strings, brass, synths, vocals, percussion and more.
SampleTank 4 also adds 13 new effects, for a grand total of 70 studio-quality effects.
The new SampleTank sound engine offers new tools for creative sound design. Working with multiple sounds has been made easier with a new dedicated Layer interface that enables setting up layers and split-points for up to 16 simultaneous sounds. Editing is more powerful, too.
Choose from 16 modeled filters, edit envelopes, oscillators, portamento, polyphony and more. Users can edit an entire sound or access individual articulations, zones, or single samples, for the deepest level of control. And a new modulation matrix allows for linking sources like envelopes, LFOs and oscillators to almost any control.
- Works as a multi-platform plug-in and as a Standalone application
- Content structured in Instruments, Multis and MIDI Patterns
- Fully compatible with macOS and Windows
- Supported plug-in formats: AAX, VST 3, and Audio Units
- 16 part multitimbral
- 16 individual stereo outputs
- Info view with specific information and 3D icon for each instrument
- Mix view and full mix parameters control
- Live mode for instantaneous sounds loading, organized in set lists and songs
- Expandable instrument library
- Pad interface lets launch patterns, loops or single notes seamlessly from iRig Keys I/O or any MIDI controller
- 70 studio quality effects
- Layers allow for creating splits and layers
- Edit view for in depth editing of all synth engine parameters, independently for all the elements or articulations that are included in the instrument
- Custom modulation for synth engine and effects parameters
- Advanced instrument browsing with convenient search function
- BPM syncable time-based effects, audio loop instruments and LFOs
- Four play modes including mono legato with portamento
- Zone switch allows to edit individual key-zones for the selected sound elelement or articulation
- Multi Articulation and Key Switch instrument control
- Easy to use assignable MIDI control to any parameter with MIDI Learn
- Compatible with all previous “Powered by SampleTank” sound modules and sounds (can import all previous sounds and Combis)
- Import feature allows users to import .wav and .aiff samples
Pricing and Availability
SampleTank 4 is available now to pre-order, with three different options:
- SampleTank 4 SE offers 2,000 sounds – MSRP 149.99 USD/EUR – pre-order price 99.99 USD/EUR.
- SampleTank 4 offers 6,000 sounds – MSRP: 299.99 USD/EUR – pre-order price 199.99 USD/EUR.
- SampleTank 4 MAX offers 8,000 sounds – MSRP 499.99 USD/EUR – pre-order price 299.99 USD/EUR.