Akai Professional has announced an update for the Force, version 3.0.1, that introduces a number of new features and workflow refinements.
The 3.0.1 update introduces a Launch/Note mode – now users can simultaneously harness the power of Force’s Note mode while launching clips on a split, single pad layout.
Also included in 3.0.1 is the inclusion of the Mother Ducker and Mother Ducker input effects plugins – recently added to the MPC platform in version 2.4. This pair of processors allows users to create side-chain effects via inserts within Force’s mixer window.
3.0.1 also includes a number of workflow refinements:
- Updated recording preferences allowing users to use fixed length clip recoding
- Improved auditioning of sample and loops within Force’s browser – now, files with
embedded tempo information will audition in sync with Force’s master BPM
- Drum program enhancements –users can mute or solo pads in a drum program
using Force’s hardware control surface
- Force can now load FLAC and OGG files
- The AIR dynamics plugins Compressor, Channel Strip, Maximizer, Transient and
Noise Gate now have metering to clearly indicate the input/output levels and the amount of gain reduction applied.
- Standalone – no computer required
- 8×8 clip launch matrix with RGB LEDs
- 7” color capacitive multitouch display
- Mic/Instrument/Line inputs, 4 outputs
- MIDI In/Out/Thru via 1/8” TRS inputs (5-pin DIN adapters included)
- (4) configurable CV/Gate outputs to integrate your modular setup
- (8) touch-sensitive knobs with graphical OLED displays
- Time stretch/pitch shift in real time
- Comprehensive set of AIR effects and Hype, TubeSynth, Bassline and Electric synth
- Ability to record 8 stereo tracks
- 16GB of on-board storage (over 10GB of sound content included)
- 2GB of RAM
- Full-Size SD card slot
- User-expandable 2.5” SATA drive connector (SATA or HDD)
- (2) USB 3.0 slots for thumb drives or MIDI controllers
Pricing and Availability
3.0.1 is available now as a free update. Force will be available internationally in February 2019. U.S. retail will be $1499.00.
via Handsome Randy