At the 2019 NAMM Show, MOTU (Mark Of The Unicorn) introduced DP 10 – the latest edition of its Digital Performer DAW.
DP version 10 delivers new features like the Clips window and Stretch Audio, plus hundreds of virtual instruments and workflow enhancements requested by DP users.
Here’s a video playlist of the key new features:
- The new Clips window brings loop triggering to Digital Performer. Drag and drop audio and MIDI clips from DP’s new Content Browser into the Clips window and trigger them in real time, interactively, for live performance or inspiration while creating new material.
- Stretch Audio lets you manipulate audio faster and easier, with more control than ever before. The new Stretch Edit layer lets you precisely control anchor points to achieve exactly the feel you want. For global tempo control, simply enable Stretch mode and the entire audio track instantly conforms to your project tempo and time line, even with smooth tempo changes over time.
- Beat Detection finds the beats in your rhythmic audio, from individual loops to multi-channels stems to full mixes. Once beats are detected, you can fully manipulate them with DP’s new Stretch Audio feature and tempo adjustment features.
- Use Search to quickly find material by name or text strings.
- VCA Faders can control any number of tracks, precisely maintaining their relative volume. Create as many VCA groups as you want. Control VCAs with other VCAs, to create multiple nested sub-groups. Apply mix automation to VCAs and sub-fader automation is maintained and scaled throughout.
- Waveform Editor is an all-in-one environment for waveform editing, precision beat editing, elastic audio stretching, pitch correction, embedded tempo maps and more.
- Digital Performer now supports VST3 compatible virtual instruments and plug-ins. And it’s still compatible with VST2 and 1 plug-ins, too, of course.
- 5 GB library of multi-sample acoustic instruments, synths, loops and phrases: that’s over 300 different instruments, 1100 instrument presets and 500 loops. You’ll find acoustic and electronic drum kits, pianos, guitars and basses, along with church organs, electric organs, strings, brass, woodwinds, synths, ethnic instruments, choirs, voices, percussion, sound effects and more.
- 6 GB of free loops and sample packs from leading sample content providers.
- Scalable UI – DP10 allows you to take full advantage of any screen resolution: simply press command-plus and command-minus (control-plus and control-minus on Windows) to scale DP’s entire UI larger or smaller to achieve the perfect degree of clarity for your eye.
- Full version: $499USD (street price)
- Competitive upgrade: $395USD
- Upgrade from previous version: $195USD
See the MOTU site for more info.
2 thoughts on “DP 10 Adds Clips, Stretch Audio & More”
Very interesting features..