Percussa shared this video, capturing their presentation at Analogue Haven about their Super Signal Processor (SSP) Eurorack module.
The Percussa SSP is a powerful multifunction module that lets you create custom patches, using a variety of DSP functions:
- Wavetable Oscillator with true 3D morphing (XYZ) and cloud features
- Sampler with Layering features
- LFO with multiple waveforms (sine, saw, square, triangle)
- Variable Frequency Noise
- DC generator
- Enveloped Generator with Exponential A and DR
- Comb Filter
- State Variable Filter
- Step Sequencer
- Granular processor with live input
- Sampler module (with separate parameters and modulation inputs for the 8 slots )
- Simple delay
- Bit crusher
- Physical modeling membrane
- Envelope Follower
- Bus module
- Develop/load your own VST plugins (compiled for Linux/Arm)
- Switcher Module
- Reverb and Delay
- Macro Module
Details on the SSP are available at the Percussa site.
Topics covered in the video:
Percussa SSP Overview
0:00 General overview of the SSP
6:51 USB ports (see also 53:48)
Patches explained during the video:
1) 2:49 8 voice wavetable synthesis patch
2) 10:16 polyphonic granular FM patch
3) 13:03 OB 4-voice subtractive synthesis patch
4) 15:48 multi-timbral / multi-voice FM patch
5) 18:10 signal switcher + sampler triggering + step seq patch
6) 19:42 harmonic additive synthesis demo with sequencing
7) 20:50 physical modeling membrane
8) 22:15 4-voice sequencing with per voice step sequencer, microtonal quantizer (4mtq2)
9) 24:40 envelop follower patch
10) 25:32 simple granular patch
46:09 how the patching system works
10:56 patching/modulation inputs/outputs of modules
28:22 overview of all the modules + how to make a simple patch
51:00 How would you sum two input signals + explanation about scaling
Explanation about modules on the SSP:
4:00 wavetable oscillator
8:19 input module
9:13 ADSR envelope
15:55 sampler module
18:35 and 38:44 step seq module
22:40 MTQ module and 40:50
28:35 macro module
1:03:25 LFO module (short explanation about parameters)
1:04:24 midi module
43:30 How can I share presets?
55:08 What sample rate sizes are supported?
55:57 How can I save a new preset?
56:28 How can you drive the step sequencer?
59:20 Is there a copy/paste feature for the step sequencer?