Vochlea Music has launched a Kickstarter project to fund production of Dubler Studio Kit – a real-time voice-to-MIDI controller.
- Compatible with any DAW (Ableton/Logic/Reason/FL Studio/ProTools/GarageBand etc).
- Allows you to use your voice as a live MIDI controller.
- Live pitch tracking for synth control.
- Accurately select between, and trigger, up to 8 samples using your voice.
- Sustain sounds, samples and notes vocally.
- Responsive to changes in velocity.
- Can control multiple MIDI channels— enabling sample triggering and synth control at the same time.
- Control up to 4 CC [MIDI mapping] values, based on the way you make a sound.
- Additional control of Pitch Bend and Envelope Following.
- Works with non-vocal sounds too — clap a beat or mic up an instrument.
- Can be used to control effects and filters on other MIDI devices and instruments.
- 10-12ms latency
The Dubler Studio Kit includes:
- The Dubler software — a virtual MIDI instrument ( a desktop application for Mac + PC), compatible with any DAW. It is not a plugin or VST.
- The Dubler microphone — a low latency custom USB mic, tuned for the Dubler software.
Pricing and Availability
Production of the Dubler Studio Kit is being funded through a Kickstarter project, and it’s available to backers for £195.
6 thoughts on “Dubler Studio Kit Turns Your Voice Into A MIDI Controller”
can the developer (or anyone) explain how this differs from jam origin’s midi guitar — https://www.jamorigin.com — which is up and running and sells for $99, or their ios app, which is free (with in-app purchases), or the dozen other similar products available now?
Ableton actually has audio to midi built in natively. So I’m guessing it will be similar…without having to buy the kit with bundled microphone
exacyly what I need- another shitty dynamic mic to do what imitone already does for less
Hi. I just wanted to give some extra info as the Dubler Studio Kit is actually very different from the products mentioned in the other comments.
Jam Origin and Imitone are great but they are purely pitch to MIDI. We do pitch tracking as well, however that’s only one aspect of Dubler. It’s not just about the note you sing but the way you sing it. I.e. you can sing the same note lots of different ways “Oooohh” vs. “Laaaaa” with Imitone the output would be no different, it would just be the pitch. But with Dubler we use all the qualities of the voice to let you also control things like effects, filters etc. Additionally, Dubler lets you trigger samples, it does this by learning your specific audio input – so this could be beatboxing triggering drums samples or even clicking clapping etc. Unlike something like Ableton Audio-to-MIDI, which is non real-time, it does this highly accurately and completely live. Our latency is around 10ms.
For more examples of functionality and answers to questions like “Isn’t this just imitone?” check out our Kickstarter page. Thanks! (George from Vochlea Music).
George – thanks for the feedback to reader questions!
It helps people understand your product and it also helps them understand how responsive you are to customer questions.
No problem. So enthusiastic I accidentally managed to do it twice haha 🙂