Kazike performed at the event on the modular system, but he was also at SynthPlex to introduce a new brand, WaveFront Audio, and their first product, the Sixteen Channel Spectral Vocoder:
The WaveFront Audio Sixteen Channel Spectral Vocoder builds on the classic Bode analog vocoder design, considered by many to be one of the best-sounding vocoders ever created.
- Voiced/Unvoiced detection
- Integrated Noise Generator for wind voices
- Automatic recognition of symmetrical or asymmetrical program signals
- Input gain up to 60dB (low-noise microphone amp)
- Overload indicators for program or carrier signals
- Audio modifier for program signals (Bass/Treble)
- External unvoiced signal input
- Control/Gate signal if unvoiced is detected
- Manual freeze function of analyzer channels
- Manual gain control and LED indicators for all analyzer channels
WaveFront Audio also introduced the Spectral Channel Manager, an optional add-on for the vocoder for enhanced channel modulations.