At SynthPlex 2019, CHRT Synthesizer was showing their unique vacuum tube analog synthesizer.
It’s available as a DIY kit or partially pre-built.
We talked with Petr, who gave us a hands on demo and some background on why he chose to create a synth design using tubes.
- ‘Natural electric, real synth sound’ – no attempts to “sound-like-some-acoustic-instrument”
- ‘Natural Synthesis’ is a different approach to sound synthesis compared to mainstream subtractive analogs – the wave is shaped in a resonator
- The whole tone signal path is a pure tube (thermionic valve) circuit, digital circuits are used only for what they are good at – MIDI to CV, tuning, etc.
- It is designed by a saxophonist to offer expressive dynamics, phrasing, articulation, accents
- It fully utilizes all MIDI data coming from the wind controller or advanced keyboard controller
- Proper design in terms of earthing, ground circuit and shielding ensures that the instrument has no hum or noise issues
The CHRT Synthesizer is available now.