Synthstrom has shared several sneak previews of their upcoming Deluge 3.0 update, which they will be previewing at Superbooth 2019.
One of the key features coming in v3.0 is Live Looping support. This includes several new features:
- Line in monitoring (without needing to create a “synth”)
- Tempo snap
- Looping / sampling of audio clips may be done in such a way that the Deluge’s tempo automatically snaps to the tempo of the recorded audio (according to its length) the instant you tell it to stop or loop.
- A manual option is available for similarly deriving the tempo from imported audio clips (e.g. those containing beats or loops).
- Recording a sampling of a set length
- USB MIDI Host functionality – With the right cable or adapter, firmware 3.0 lets you connect a USB MIDI controller directly to the Deluge’s USB port, with no computer or hub needed. The Deluge will provide power to the connected device so long as the Deluge itself is receiving DC power.
Synthstrom previously announced QWERTY support for v3.0. Existing owners can get an overlay or replacement panel for this update.
Synthstrom Deluge 3.0 Demo Videos:
Synthstrom says that the Deluge 3.0 update is currently ‘very much in development’. They expect 3.0 to be in beta testing in July, with a public release around August/September.
2 thoughts on “Synthstrom Deluge 3.0 Update Promises Live Looping & More (Sneak Preview)”
> Synthstrom says update is ‘very much in development’
panic mode due to mpc force?
once again, amazing features – the Deluge team never ceases to amaze me.
most incredible product development I’ve ever seen
Elektron, please take notes! 😛