Kurzweil has announced the availability of the PC4 Performance Controller and Production Station, the latest evolution of their line of synth workstations.
The fully-weighted 88-key PC4 combines a powerful internal sound engine with advanced control features.
The sound engine features 2GB of factory sounds; a 6-operator FM synthesizer; the VA-1 virtual analog; and tonewheel organ modeling. It offers 256 voices of polyphony, a 16-track sequencer, 36 programmable physical controllers and front panel master transport controls.
- 256 voices of polyphony
- 2 GB of factory sample content + 2 GB of user-loadable space
- 1000+ factory programs
- New! – 6-operator FM Engine with the ability to import 80’s/90’s FM SysEx files
- 9 sets of programmable knobs+sliders+buttons
- 88 note fully-weighted hammer-action with velocity sensitive keys with aftertouch
- Full native V.A.S.T. editing capabilities
- 16 track Sequencer with dedicated front-panel transport buttons
- 16 arpeggiators (Classic or Step sequencers) with dedicated front-panel controls
- – New! – 16 MIDI CC Step Sequencers
- 16 Riff Generators
- Dedicated front-panel transposition and tempo controls
- Ribbon connector input
- (2) 1/4 inch audio input connectors
- (1) stereo 1/8″ audio input jack with FX
- (2) pairs of stereo outputs
- (4) switch pedals (via 2 stereo jacks)
- (2) CC pedal inputs
Pricing and Availability
The Kurzweil PC4 is available now with a street price of about $2,000 USD.