Organizers have announced a free all-day synth event, as part of the Seventh Wave Festival of Electronic Music: Number Nine.
The event will feature a modular meetup, talks, demonstrations and live performances. Vendors represented will include Korg, Moog, Roland, Novation, Ableton and others.
- First 100 through the door receive ‘goody bags’
- Charity raffle on behalf of ‘Drake Music’
- Midlands Modular Meet room, manufacturer rooms, live performance spaces, video room and a café
- Rooms curated by Leon Trimble , Martyn Greenwood and Martin Christie
- Demonstrations by Infection Music, Korg, Roland, Novation & Others
- Live performances by John Biddulph appearing as HandMadeSound, Ten:Ten, Concept Devices, The Garwin Project, Peter Challoner, Modulator ESP, The Mashed Swedes Cafe Orchestra & more to be announced
Saturday 07 March 2020 10.00 AM to 5.00 PM
The Birmingham and Midland Institute
9 Margaret St, Birmingham B3 3BS
In addition to the free event, there will be concerts Friday, Saturday & Sunday, March 6-8, 2020.
Performers will include:
- Ulrich Schnauss & Mark Peters;
- Thorsten Quaeschning (Tangerine Dream);
- Quaeschning & Schnauss (Synthwaves / Azure Vista Recs & Tangerine Dream);
- Theo Travis (Soft Machine / Gong / King Crimson);
- Mark Jenkins performs ’50 Years of Tangerine Dream’ – Live;
- Steve Jolliffe and others.
See the event site for details.