Orchestral Tools has introduced Junkie XL Brass, a new brass library created in collaboration with composer, producer & synthesist Tom Holkenborg.
Junkie XL Brass offers a full orchestral brass set-up in a single package, recorded with a consistent set of articulations for all instruments and sections. Classic brass instruments – including trumpets, french horns, trombones, cimbassi and a tuba – were sampled in several different section sizes, to provide depth and versatility, with a dynamic range from pianissimo to fortissimo.
Junkie XL Brass also offers a total of 16 microphone positions, ranging from unprocessed to production-ready mixes done by movie scoring mixer Alan Meyerson.
“I am a perfectionist in the studio and was determined to bring that same level of attention and detail to my first public sample library,” says Holkenborg. “I want this to inspire my fellow composers, at whatever level they may be working, and give them access to the best possible product that I could make.”
- Created by Tom Holkenborg (aka Junkie XL).
- Consistent set of articulations for all instruments.
- Many different section sizes.
- Five recorded dynamic layers for each instrument.
- Dynamic crossfading is ‘exceptionally smooth and industry leading.’
- 16 microphone positions.
- Production-ready mixes done by Alan Meyerson.
- Recorded at the Teldex Scoring Stage in Berlin.
- Works with Orchestral Tools’ SINE Player (VST/AU).
- 690GB of samples (300GB SINEarc compressed), 24Bit/48KHz patches.
Here’s an introduction and in-depth demo of Junkie XL Brass:
Pricing and Availability
Junkie XL Brass is available now with an intro price of 599 EUR through January 20th, 2020 (regularly 749 EUR).