Hologram Electronics has introduced Microcosm, a new ‘effects toolkit for adventurous musicians’.
The Microcosm offers 11 different effects and a looper that can capture up to 60 seconds of stereo audio. The effects let you slice, stretch, rearrange, and manipulate your audio in a variety of ways. You can tweak the sound further using Microcosm’s built-in pitch modulation, stereo reverb (with 4 selectable modes) and resonant lowpass filter.
Here’s what they have to say about it:
Microcosm rearranges and reinterprets your sound in new and exciting ways using a variety of granular sampling, delay, and looping techniques. Cascading microloops can be locked into tight tap-tempo synced rhythms, diffused into glacial ambient textures, woven into hypnotic drones, and much more.
All loops, overdubs, and settings can be saved and recalled later using the pedal’s 16 user presets.
- 11 granular and looping effects with 44 preset variations
- Stereo Input/Output
- Expression Input, mappable to many controls
- MIDI In/Out/Thru, clock synchronization
- 60 sec. Phrase Looper with many configuration options
- 16 User Preset slots for saving loops and settings
- Stereo Reverb (with 4 reverb styles)
- “Hold” sampler function to freeze effects and patterns
- Adjustable Pitch Modulation
- Resonant Lowpass Filter
- Choose between True Bypass Switching / Buffered Bypass with trails
- Tap Tempo
Pricing and Availability
The Microcosm is available to pre-order now for $449 USD.