Arturia has made iSpark for iPad, a software drum machine, available now as a free download.
iSpark lets you build custom sounds – using samples, synthesis and physical modeling – and then create custom drum patterns on the fly.
- Multiple sound engines: TAE analog synthesis, physical modeling, and multi-layered samples
- 640 Instruments / 40 kits
- Classic drum machines
- Electronic kits
- Acoustic kits
- Shuffle and shift modes to humanize grooves
- Choke groups to mute instruments naturally
- Song mode with 16 segments
- Song segment triggering from hardware
- Performance master effects: repeat, tape, reverse, strobe, pan, mix, bit crusher, 8-mode filter and Roller
- 16-track mixer with high-quality effects: multiband compressor, bit crusher, multiband EQ, chorus, delay, reverb, distortion, phaser, plate reverb, destroyer, flanger, space pan, limiter, sub generator
- Real-time automation on all parameters
- Compatible with SparkLE controller
- Ableton Link integration
- Possibility to share projects, kits and instruments between iSpark and the desktop version of Spark 2.
Pricing and Availability
iSpark for iPad is now available as a free download. Additional sound libraries are available via in-app purchases.
9 thoughts on “Arturia iSpark For iPad Now A Free Download”
everyone should grab this. its damn fun and super wicked.
Will be fun to use this while we’re trapped inside.
As many have said, it’s just sad that it’s basically abandonware.
Some of the other Arturia-branded apps built by Retronyms have added AUv3 support (well, at least iSEM). In an ideal world, this app would even support multi-out, like Pure Acid and EG Pulse and Ruismaker…
Still, it does work in Inter-App Audio… for now. Apple has deprecated IAA so any app which supports it and doesn’t support AUv3 is very likely to stop working in the not-so-distant future.
So… Nice gift for now. It’d be great if people’s response to that free gift were to push Arturia to work on iPadOS/iOS apps, either with Retronyms or on their own.
I use the AU version of this a lot. This is a lovely freebie. Has it got the synthesis page? It would have been nice if Arturia had developed this a bit more……
This an awesome freebie! The pattern sequencer, song-editor (and realtime song triggers), sounds, and mixing functions are all quite flexible, powerful, and great sounding.
I wasn’t sure if the analog synth or physical modeling synth stuff just takes the form of some fixed DSP that is available for every sample. If there’s more than that, I couldn’t find it. Still, what is there is quite nice.
The above feature list says: Song mode with 16 segments. This is wrong. The song mode has 16 chains, each of them can hold 8 patterns. You can link chains- to play one after another, or trigger individual chains in realtime.
This app hasn’t been updated in 3 years. Meaning it will never be updated. As someone said, this is truly abandonware- with the exception that it will cost you 4 bucks a pop to install soundpacks for it. I’ll definitely pass.
One of my favs to blend with FunkBox.
Anything Arturia releases is gold: their emulations are superb.
Thanks but why is this not AUV3. Surely it makes more sense to update it.
Don’t be surprised – even their flagship Matrixbrute is abandonware. After more than 2 years they still don’t have the bugs fixed. Don’t buy their stuff if you want what is promised. Their forum has over 40,000 posts alone in the Matrixbrute bugs reports. They will never get so much as a penny from me.