Bjooks and Moog Music have announced the latest book by author, designer, and electronic musician Kim Bjørn (Patch & Tweak, Pedal Crush, Push Turn Move) – Patch & Tweak With Moog.
The book is the first by Bjørn to focus on a specific brand of gear, and is the result of more than a year of collaboration with the company.
Patch & Tweak With Moog features a forward by composer and sound designer Hans Zimmer and 200 pages of synthesizer techniques, patch ideas, sound design tips, artist interviews, in-depth discussions with Moog engineers and Moog history.
Topics covered include:
- Introduction to modular synthesis concepts
- Specific overviews, tips, and techniques for each Moog semi-modular instrument
- Expanded options for more advanced modular users
- Ideas for integration with external gear and Eurorack modules
- Interviews, patches, and tips from artists and composers
- Insider interviews with Moog engineers
- The history of Bob Moog, Moog Music, and the many Moog synthesizers
The book focuses extensively on Moog’s line of semi-modular analog synthesizers:
- Mother-32: Eurorack-compatible synthesizer with 32-step sequencer, 32 patch points
- DFAM: Eurorack-compatible percussive synthesizer with 10-octave range, 8-step sequencer, 24 patch points
- Subharmonicon: Eurorack-compatible polyrhythmic synthesizer with 6-tone sound engine, multi-layered clock generator, 32 patch points
- Grandmother: 32-key monophonic keyboard synthesizer with built-in arpeggiator, sequencer, and spring reverb tank; 41 patch points
- Matriarch: 49-key paraphonic keyboard synthesizer with built-in sequencer, arpeggiator, stereo ladder filters, and stereo analog delay; 90 patch points
It also offers 30 interviews, with composers, producers, and artists like Suzanne Ciani, Trent Reznor, Lisa Bella Donna, Paris Strother, Hannes Bieger, Stranger Things composers Michael Stein and Kyle Dixon, and Moog synthesizer co-inventor Herb Deutsch.
Pricing & Availability
Patch & Tweak With Moog is available for pre-order now for $41.31 USD.