Teenage Engineering today introduced the OB–4 ‘Magic Radio’, a portable high-fidelity loudspeaker that continually records what you play, so that you can rewind, time-stretch and loop it.
- ‘natural’ sound – four tailor-engineered speaker elements deliver pure quality sound and a stereo field that fills the entire room. a flow-optimized bass reflex duct delivers deep natural bass.
- 72 hrs listening – high capacity lipo battery delivers about 8 hours of noise at max volume, or an average of 40 hours on a single charge.
- wireless – the OB–4 hardware platform is designed to support both high-definition bluetooth classic and the new ble audio standard. Support for wireless audio with OP-Z coming soon.
- ‘smart antenna’ & a ‘fine-tuned smart spiral antenna’ that integrates in the handle.
- motorized user interface – use your fingers to grab, spin and interact with the sound.
- disk mode – if you skip the traditional inputs like line in, bluetooth and FM radio, you end up in disk mode. For now, there are three functions on the disk; ambient, karma and metronome.
- handle-stand – designed to be played outdoors, in public spaces and at high volume; carried on one shoulder with speaker elements facing the head.
Pricing and Availability
The OB-4 is available to pre-order for about $600 USD.