Designer Frédéric Meslin has launched a Kickstarter project to fund production of a new synthesizer, the Töörö.
The Töörö offers a wide ranger of synthesis capabilities – with wavetables, FM, and a ‘wild’ new analog filter – in a portable case. You can use it to create complex multitimbral arrangements, using its 4-part 6-voice sound engine, with built-in stereo delay and individual outputs.
Here’s what Meslin has to say about it:
“I always wanted a production workhorse synth. Something portable, that could provide enough voices for my sequencer, that packed in immense power, but made it simple to pick a sound, tweak it to fit, and compose quickly.
With just Töörö, a sequencer, and perhaps your favorite drum machine, you can create a whole live performance – or an entire track – quickly, intuitively, and in real-time. Töörö offers unbeatable sound-shaping possibilities for the price and carries a 3 year warranty to back it up. It is the workhorse I wanted to have.”
- 6 voices of analog/digital hybrid synthesis.
- 4 part multitimbral, with stereo 1/4″ and 3.5mm individual outputs.
- Each voice features dual 12-bit wavetables, with morphing, auto-sync, and FM (with virtual modulation oscillators).
- Users can create custom wavetables using built-in waveforms.
- Unique highly-characterful 12dB/octave discrete analog “A847” filter, with wild resonance and multiple sweet spots.
- 2 AHDSR Envelopes.
- 2 LFOs with classic and random waveforms, and rise and fall controls.
- Advanced global stereo delay effect with modulation and feedback controls.
- 100 user-presets and 10 user-multi available for onboard sound storage and recall.
- Edit all sound parameters, parts and settings quickly and intuitively from the front panel matrix.
- Extensive MIDI implementation with DIN in and out, and smart thru function. All significant sound shaping parameters editable via MIDI CC – Responds to polyphonic after-touch messages.
- Compact dimensions of 70 x 120 x 45 mm, only 750g in weight.
- Rugged aluminum chassis, high-quality parts, non-slip design.
- USB powered – can be powered by computer, USB mains plug, or USB power bank. On/off power switch at rear.
- 3 year warranty
Pricing and Availability
Production of the Töörö is being funded via a Kickstarter campaign and it is available to project backers for €399.
Note that crowd-funded projects involve risk, so you should make sure that you understand this if you choose to participate.