Cherry Audio has introduced CA2600, a software emulation, for Mac & Windows, of the classic ARP 2600 synthesizer.
Here’s what they have to say about it:
“Every aspect of the original, from the quirky oscillator waves, to the powerful ladder filter, to the external audio input and preamp section was modeled with tremendous precision. Though it features similar functionality, it’s been thoughtfully updated for increased flexibility – with semi-normalled patch cabling, integrated effects, and no hidden windows or menus in the audio path, CA2600 delivers an unprecedented hands-on, “everything right in front of you, right now!,” vintage synthesis experience like no other.
Wildly flexible, capable of chunky basses, cutting leads, super-creative external audio processing, absolutely insane effects, and so much more, we believe you’ll find CA2600 to be the finest 2600 emulation ever created.”
- Over 300 presets
- Monophonic and duophonic voice modes
- Vintage-correct multi-mode filter with 12db and 24db slope
- Integrated, fully CV-controllable distortion, reverb, and delay with sync
- Sidechain audio input for external signal processing
- Flexible CV Routing
- Multiple voice assign modes
- Advanced patch cabling with unlimited mults per jack, “quick patch” for rapid multiple destination routing, and click and drag movement of multiple connections
- Additional LFO with six waveforms and tempo sync
- Voltage Processors section with additional VCA and 1/2-step quantizer
- Selectable blue, gray, or black/orange color schemes
- Full MIDI control
- Full DAW automation for all controls
CA2600 is available in AU, VST, VST3, AAX, and standalone formats.
Pricing and Availability
CA2600 is available now with an intro price of $25 USD (normally $39).