Suture Sound has introduced Flip, a new app that turns your iOS device into a powerful portable sampler.
Flip lets you record sounds and play them immediately, using drum pads or with the sound mapped across a keyboard.
Sounds edited and transformed using built-in effects and editing tools. You can record a quantized or unquantized performance on the pads or keyboard. There is also a full piano roll, where you can enter and edit notes and velocities.
Other features include: automation lanes with independent length for creating polymetric and generative music; songs with up to 16 sections; a performance page; and the ability to output mixes or stems.
- 9 track sampler
- 4 effects per track: Delay, Filter, Chorus, Bitcrush
- Graphic EQ per track
- Monophonic or up to 16-note polyphonic playback per sample
- Adjustable pitch, volume, playback direction, sample start and stop points
- 19 automatable parameters per track
- Independent lengths for each automation lane
- Automation can be recorded via knob movements or drawn by hand
- Drum pad and keyboard input
- Full piano roll with 10 octaves, note velocity, editing tools
- Randomization over sample selection for quick inspiration
- Randomization over note position to create surprising variations
- Drag-and-drop song arrangement page
- Global reverb with individual track sends
- Mixing and mastering tools
- Powerful performance features for creating instant fills, pitch shifts, reverb sends, and global low or high pass filtering
- Export full track and stems
- Live recording of performances
- Metronome with tap tempo and swing/shuffle
- Ableton Link integration for easy syncing with other devices over WiFi
- Share projects and sounds via AirDrop, email, etc.
- Undo and redo
Pricing and Availability
Flip is available now for $7.99 USD. Additional sound libraries are available as in-app purchases.