Conductive Labs – creators of the NDLR Multi-part Polyphonic Sequenced Arpeggiator – have introduced the MIDI Router Control Center (MRCC), a new device that they say reinvents the MIDI router.
The MRCC was originally launched as a Kickstarter project and will now be publicly available.
The MRCC has been designed to make it easy to build flexible and powerful MIDI setups, combing controllers, instruments, your computer and more.
The MRCC has tons of MIDI connections, ranging from traditional 5-pin DIN connectors to USB interfaces and USB host ports and even the 3.5mm MIDI A/B connectors that are popular on compact devices. There’s a dedicated button for each each input and output, so you just select an input button, and then pick which outputs to route it to.
MIDI merging is automatic. Status and activity are displayed on a color OLED display and per-port RGB LEDs.
The MRCC also offers advanced features, like filtering, channel mapping, MIDI tools and MIDI effects. These can be configured with an on-board graphical user interface. Configurations can be saved to memory for later recall.
Conductive Labs co-founder Darryl McGee describes the MRCC as “ridiculously cool”.
“It’s got real friggin buttons, like the good old days, so you don’t need a computer to configure it. It’s got a button for every Input and Output, 28 of them, plus 28 RGB LEDs and a color OLED display with an encoder and navigation buttons,” he notes. “Did we go a little overboard? Maybe, but there’s really nothing like it out there.”
In addition to MIDI routing, the MRCC can clock your analog gear, host your MIDI controllers, act as a 12 in and 12 out USB MIDI interface and more.
- Inputs: 5x 5-Pin DIN, 2×1 pair2 of 3.5mm TRS, 4x USB 2.0 Host ports, 1x USB 2.0 Device3 port (for PC or Pad connection) with 12 USB MIDI virtual inputs and outputs.
- Outputs: 10x 5-Pin DIN, 2x pair2 of 3.5mm TRS, 1x USB MIDI Interface port (to PC or Pad), 4x USB Host ports.
- 1 1st pair, choose one of the 3 jacks; 3.5mm MIDI type A, MIDI type B or 5-pin DIN 2 Type A & B to support both 3.5mm TRS styles.
- Message filters – Clock, Note on/off, CC, Program Change, & Stop/Start/Continue. Filter by Routing, Input, or Output.
- Modifiers – Channel Mapping, Velocity Scaling, CC Scaling and Mapping, Keyboard Layer and Split, Transpose, Alter (Random & Probability)
- Tools – Save/Load 127 Presets, Port Labeling, MIDI Message Monitoring, & Visual MIDI Monitor
- MIDI CC control for built-in Arpeggiator and MIDI Clock, CV Clock Out, & “Light Show”
- Powered with an included International AC Power Supply with regional mains adapters. MRCC is powered by USB-PD (Power Delivery) with USB C connector. Includes a power switch and stand-by button.
- The USB 2.0 host ports provide up to 500mA per port as per USB spec.
Additional options include the MRCC Remote 7, which lets you use a single Ethernet cable to route to MIDI devices up to 50 feet away, and 19″ rack ears.
Conductive Labs is holding a streaming event to demo the MRCC on Sunday, March 14th, as part of the Synthesthesia 2021 virtual synth show. Synthesthesia is a free event.
Pricing and Availability
The MRCC is available to pre-order for $379, with shipping for new orders expected to be in April of 2021.