Developer Paul Carter has introduced Hyperion, a new software synth plugin for Windows and Mac that features multiple synthesis types, flexible patching, and up to 10 layers of polyphonic sounds, with individual key and velocity zones, pitch bend ranges, tuning, arpeggiator and individual per-layer effects.
- Modular audio nodes cover classic oscillators, with wave-shaping and unison detunes with stereo spreading, wave-sequencing oscillators, 4 operator FM, wave-sequenced FM, a plucked string model, a flute model, sample playback, and sound-fonts (multi-samples).
- Multiple kinds of filters, distortions and bus effects, as well as logic & math nodes for generative patch design.
- Patches can have an unlimited number of nodes, and node control inputs can have multiple modulation sources allowing extremely complex modulations.
- Auxiliary effect buses allow to send audio between layers, and control data and MIDI notes can also be sent from one layer to another allowing for deep modulation.
- The number of sound processing elements is limited only by the available CPU power.
Pricing and Availability
Hyperion is available now, with an intro price of $99. A demo version is also available.