OXI Instruments has launched an IndieGoGo campaign to fund production of the OXI One, a powerful step sequencer that features four independent sequencers, LFOs, arpeggiators, configurable CVs, randomization features and more.
The OXI One supports MIDI and CV connectivity, with 8CV and 8 Gate outputs, and 1 CV input with configurable routing. In addition to sequencing pitch, you can use the outputs for envelopes, LFOs and more.
- Up to 128 steps per Sequencer
- 4 deeply configurable and independent Sequencers active at the same time (up to 32 tracks)
- 4 modes to choose from per Sequencer: Monophonic, Polyphonic, Chord, Multitrack (up to 8 independent tracks) more to come
- Load Patterns and Projects instantly, no load time
- CVs and Gate outputs are user assignable with a dedicated grid layout that allows changes in real time
- CV outs support for ADs envelopes, Polyphony, Modulation and LFOs
- Arranger mode with 4 pattern playback lanes, count down visualization and Program Changes
- One LFO per Sequencer with assignable destination. CV In can act as an assignable modulator.
- Live MIDI looper with Rec activation by MIDI in and Rec Extend options
- USB MIDI, TRS MIDI, BLUETOOTH (BLE) MIDI routable to the CVs and gates outputs
- Clock out and clock/cv in (which serves as parameter modulation by pulse frequency)
- Intelligent and musical pattern Randomizer (with humanization and controllable randomization)
- Innovative chord function, with hotkeys for voicing, inversion and spread
- Playback and perform randomizer (velocity, octave, trigger, ratcheting and skipping independently)
- Keyboard mode per Sequencer with arpeggiators independent of the sequence (10 modes, octavation, gate, rate and hold functions) and chord triggering
- Internal clock or external sync (USB MIDI, TRS MIDI, BLUETOOTH MIDI and clock IN)
- Preview function
- Per step parameters: pitch, velocity, octave, gate, 4x modulation lanes, glide (for cvs outs in mono mode), ratches, micro time offset, probability; strum, voicing and chord type (Chord Mode)
- Plenty available scales and user selectable root note
- Open Source app (MacOS, Linux, Windows, iOS and Android) for further configuration and Project backup
- 1/32th to 1bar resolution per step
- Extend function
- Loop function
- Selectable Init and End steps (Independent for each track and Sequencer)
- Selectable MIDI output channels (Independent for each track and Sequencer)
- Swing per Sequencer
- Playback directions: forward, backward, alternate, random.
- Multiple pattern edition features like duplicate, moving patterns in all directions (rotate and transpose)
- Copy, paste, clear features for patterns, parts, sequences, steps and presets
- Several Undo steps
- Up to 15 Projects which include Project configuration and up to 64 Patterns per Project and 16 songs. Pattern exporting possible via the companion app
- Monome Grid support thanks to open sourcing by the Monome team. Currently available for DIY norns devices
Here’s a playlist of official overview videos:
Pricing and Availability:
The OXI One is available to project backers to preorder, starting at about $637 USD.
Note: Crowdfunded projects involve risk. Review the project site for details.
Update: The OXI One crowdfunding project has blown past its goals, raising 10 times its target, with a couple of days left.