Ahead of Superbooth 2021, Bastl Instruments has introduced Buddy, a four-channel Eurorack stereo mixer that is optimized for hybrid setups.
- Channels A and B are optimized for Eurorack sources (either mono or stereo) with a slight boost (×2 / +6dB).
- Channels C and D are line-level pre-amps that can boost the signal up to ×10 / +20dB and feature stereo TRS jack inputs for directly connecting desktop units without further adaptors.
All channels feature a clean boost via the high-quality, low-noise NE5532 op-amp (same as on the Dude), which delivers smooth overdrive – that can be used to overdrive clean stereo signals.
In addition, multiple Buddy mixers can be chained via jumper cables on the back to expand the number of channels, without losing panel inputs.
- Use your eurorack as an effects processor – Buddy can boost your desktop gear to correct levels and be used as an aux send mixer.
- Use Buddy as a stereo mixdown module for all your stereo/mono voices.
- Use external stereo sound processors with Eurorack voices. Buddy will boost their levels back to modular levels.
- Use the Buddy stereo mixdown attenuator to lower the level for line-level devices.
Pricing and Availability
Buddy is available now for €119.83.