Der Mann Mit Der Maschine shared this series of videos demonstrating DROID – a new Eurorack “universal CV processor”.
The goal for DROID is for it to let you do anything that you want with control voltages. It has 8 CV inputs and 8 CV outputs. The DROID can do almost any CV task you can imagine, such as sequencing, melody generation, slew limiting, quantizing, switching, mixing, working on clocks and triggers, creating envelopes and LFOs, or any combination of these at the same time.
The DROID module is configured via a simple text file called DROID patch, which you can create in any text editor and then save on a micro SD card.
Some of the things you can use DROID for:
- Envelope generator
- Melody and trigger sequencer
- Random generator, bernoulli gate
- Sample and hold
- Precision adder
- Slew limiter
- Clock tool with divider, multiplier and delay
- Logical and mathematical functions
- CV looper
- Euclidean rhythms generator
- Versatile musical quantizer, octave switch
- Addressable and clockable CV switch
- CV mixing and routing matrix
- VCO precision calibrator
The DROID can also be used with Controller or Expander modules, which let you add additional control knobs and additional I/O.
See the Der Mann Mit Der Maschine site for more information.