Waldorf today introduced Streichfett String Synthesizer in plug-in format.
Waldorf’s Streichfett features a fully polyphonic String Section and an eight voice Solo Section. The Ensemble Effect provides depth and
movement to the String Section, while the Effects Section adds adjustable Phaser and Reverb effects. Additionally, the Animate Effect can be used to modulate the Strings Registration.
The Solo Section offers presets named Bass, E-Piano or Clavi, and just like with a typical String Machine, the sound has little to do with that name. Instead, these are shimmering and slightly percussive sounds that blend well with the String Section. The plugin also includes 16 programmable presets.
- 128 voice fully polyphonic Strings section
- Continuous morphing of Violin, Viola, Cello, Brass, Organ, Choir and more
- Animate Effect for Modulation of Strings Registration
- Ensemble Effect for Strings
- Eight voice polyphonic Solo section
- Layer/Split for Solo section
- Continuous morphing of Bass, E-Piano, Clavi, Synth, and Pluto for Solo Tone
- Tremolo for Solo section
- Poly and Channel Aftertouch
- Sustain Pedal and Modulation Wheel support
- Choice of velocity-sensitive or fixed velocity
- Tuning and transpose
- 16 programmable presets
Pricing and Availability
The Streichfett String Synthesizer is available now, with introductory pricing for Waldorf Music’s 33rd anniversary of 33 EUR for a limited time, with standard pricing of € 99 EUR (incl. VAT).