Nord has introduced the Stage 4 – the next generation of their flagship series keyboard.
The Nord Stage 4 features a new panel design, a premium triple-sensor keybed, a complete effect sections for each layer and other ‘massive enhancements’.
The Nord Stage 4 comes with a new enhanced collection of Grands, Uprights and Electric Pianos, combined with new features such as Dynamic compression and Unison.
Nord says that their sampling techniques capture the nuances and real character of the source instruments, and their ‘Advanced String Resonance’ and Dynamic Pedal Noise features deliver realism and an unsurpassed level of expressiveness.
Piano Section Highlights:
- Enhanced collection of Uprights, Grands,
- EPs and more
- Dynamic Compression
- Unison feature
- Creative Timbre presets
- Advanced String Resonance
- Dynamic Pedal Noise
The Synth section, with its three independent Layers, is based on the powerful Nord Wave 2 Synth Engine, including Virtual Analog synthesis, Samples, FM and Wavetable.
An extensive new collection of samples from the Nord Sample Library offers a broad sonic palette of Strings, Bass, Choirs, Guitars and much more. The advanced Arpeggiator features new Polyphonic, Gate and Pattern modes and can be used for a huge variety of rhythmic applications with customizable patterns.
Synth Section Highlights:
- Nord Wave 2 Synth Engine
- 3 independent Synth Layers
- Doubled sample memory
- Enhanced samples with Tru-Vibrato, Unison and Round Robin
- Extensive real time controls
- Advanced Arpeggiator with Polyphonic, Gate and Pattern modes
- Extern mode for advanced MIDI control
The Organ section features simulations of B3 Tonewheel, B3 Bass, classic Vox and Farfisa, as well as two Pipe Organ models.
All Stage 4 models are equipped with their new Physical drawbars with LED indicators, for more of a hands-on experience.
- Organ Section Highlights:
- Organ simulations of B3, Vox/Farfisa and Pipe Organ models
- Physical drawbars with LED indicators
- Drawbar Live mode
- New B3 Bass mode
- Model 122 Vintage Rotary Speaker with normal or close mic positions
The Nord Stage 4 has a powerful new Effect section, offering a complete setup of Effects for each Layer.
The extensive range of Effects includes a new Pump effect for side chain simulation, a new Spin effect and brand new variations of Reverb, Delay, Amps and Modulation effects.
The Effect Section Highlights:
- Dedicated Effect section per Layer
- New Variations for Modulation, Amp, Delay and Reverb Effects
- New Spring, Booth and Cathedral Reverb
- New Spin effect
- New Pump effect
- New Flam and Space Delay
The Nord Stage 4 comes in three models:
- Nord Stage 4 88 with a fully weighted Triple Sensor keybed (A-C) with aftertouch and Physical Drawbars with LED indicators.
- Nord Stage 4 73 with a fully weighted Triple Sensor keybed (E-E) with aftertouch and Physical Drawbars with LED indicators.
- Nord Stage 4 Compact with a 73-note Semi Weighted Waterfall Triple Sensor keybed (E-E) with aftertouch and Physical Drawbars with LED indicators
See the Nord site for details.