Developer Oliver Greschke has introduced Molli Looper, an iOS stereo effect for looping and filtering.
Molli Looper is designed to be used primarily as a live performance tool, so no preparation is needed to trigger loop recording. Input is constantly recorded in the background, so looping can be triggered whenever it is needed. Loop timing is synced to host clock, and can be adjusted from multi-bar loops down to 16th note drills.
The looped or unlooped audio is then passed though a lowpass -> neutral -> highpass resonant filter, based on a 4-pole ladder design.
- Combination of looper and stutter/freeze
- Continuous recording: instant recording/looping
- Runs in sync with host clock
- Jumps to meaningful places in the recording: “Snap to grid”
- Grid: 1/16, 1/8, 1/4, 1/2, 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32 beats
- Ability to scroll through the recording
- Lowpass/highpass resonant filter
- Long Tap XY keeps filter position
- Limiter/booster effect
- Use as either as iOS Standalone app or as AUv3 plugin.
Pricing and Availability:
Molli Looper is available now for $4.99 USD.
4 thoughts on “New App, Molli Looper, Turns Your iPhone or iPad Into A Stereo Looping Effecxt”
All the clowns that rushed to be the first to review it wrongly stated the grid was in bars.
If you can’t get it right just pack the video game in, your of no use.
lol @ still using iphones and ipads for production in 2023
its pretty awesome right! even Logic for ios devices now, i think its great how there are so many amazing tools on different platforms nowadays!
i’za gonna smoke me some odem effe4cxts 2night!!