Woodman’s Immaculate Maple Syrup Studio has released WoodValvet v1.0, a “real tube emulated saturator” for MacOS and iOs:
- 3 tube stages each with their own “Drive”control.
- Each stage can be set to a different tube type (ECC82, EL34, …)
- Stage 2 & 3 can be set in series or in parallel to create different harmonics.
- Stage 1 & 2 are class A circuits, stage 3 is a class AB circuit.
- Input band filter allows to add harmonics on the selected band only.
- Post tube out lowpass filter allows to reduce the higher harmonics.
- Extra control to change the tube bias of stage 2, again yielding different harmonics.
- Constant Level setting matches the output level with the input level.
- LFO to modulate the drive and filter settings.
- Side chain input can modulate the drive settings (increase or duck mode).
- “Auto Gain Input” mode to automatically bring quiet signals into range.
- Stereo spread control.
- Brick-wall limiter on output
- DC blocking output filter
- Output phase switch.
- On a multi-channel bus (surround, 3D), each channel has a weight controlling the drive settings.
- Visual representation of the generated harmonics.
Pricing and Availability:
WoodValvet is available now for $13.99 for iOS and $49.99 for MacOS.