Yamaha Corporation has introduced the FGDP-50 and FGDP-30 finger drum pad instruments – all-new products, featuring a built-in speaker, tone generator, and rechargeable lithium-ion battery, all in a compact, lightweight body.
The pads of the FGDP are arranged in an ergonomic layout, optimized for finger drumming. Pad hardness and sensitivity are also optimized for finger drumming, allowing the user to express subtle variations in dynamics and even use unique drumming techniques like flams and rolls.
The instruments feature acoustic drum sounds from Yamaha’s DTX electronic drums series, re-tuned for an optimal finger drumming experience, along with a wide range of newly created electronic sounds.
- Ergonomic pad layout optimized for finger drumming
- Pad hardness and sensitivity optimized for finger drumming
- Wide range of high-quality sounds suitable for a variety of genres
- All-in-one product with built-in speaker and rechargeable battery means no messy wires or confusing setup
- Connect external devices via USB
- Eight additional RGB pads not only allow you to use more sounds, but also add excitement to your performance with flashy RGB lights.
- Connect a USB flash drive (sold separately) to import tones or phrases from the drive onto the FGDP-50 or record your performance onto the flash drive.
- Use Session Creator to enjoy drumming along to backtracks featuring various music genres, with accompaniment by bass, guitar, synthesizer, and more, or use Note Repeat to repeat notes at set tempos and intervals—like an arpeggiator for drums—to support your performance and boost your creativity.
See the Yamaha site for details.