Erica Synths shared this video preview of their Perkons HD-01 Drum Synth running firmware 1.1, which adds chromatic tuning of the voices, a new algorithm and more.
Here’s what’s new in Perkons firmware v1.1:
• Chromatic MIDI note input
Set MIDI mode to multi-channel and you can program notes into the sequencer either by playing them live and recording or by pressing the desired step button and then sending in the MIDI note. Voice 1 = MIDI CH1, Voice 2 = MIDI CH2 etc.
- MIDI note velocity input – If the setting is ON in the configuration menu, MIDI notes will be recorded with velocity. Higher velocity means higher volume.
- •New Algorithm – Digital Noise – A new algorithm has been added to the Voice 4, Algo 2, Mode 1 slot. It is based on Digital noise PCM. Tune sets the frequency, PARAM 1 sets Timbre and it also correlates with the Tune. PARAM2 sets the amplitude envelope attack time.
- Inverse ODDS behavior option – If this setting is ON in the configuration menu, ODDS after the sequence start will play inversely. For example – if the ODDS of a step are set to 1/4, it will only play on the 4th bar instead of the first. – FX parameters saving with KIT option
- If the FX save setting is set to ON, the BBD settings (TIME, FEEDBACK) will be saved within the KIT.
- Improved trigger/MIDI note recording – Better accuracy of note recording with the trigger keys, trigger input and MIDI.
See the Erica Synths site for details.