Soundart has introduced the next generation of their flexible DSP studio tool: the Chameleon mkII.
The new unit is a desktop device, but can also be rack-mounted. There is a large graphic display, and intuitive controls (all endless encoders with click detent and push switch) that can apply rapid and real-time changes to the internal parameters of the skins.
- It is capable of hosting all skins internally, stored to flash. Switching between the skins will be practically instantaneous, along with all user settings.
- It will have increased DSP power and speed.
- 4 Analog Audio Balanced Input Jacks for all types of input, selectable levels +4dBu/-10dBV.
- Instrument HiZ selectable for input 2 with level pot.
- XLR mic selectable for input 1 with phantom power.
- 6 Analog Audio Balanced Output Jacks, selectable levels +4dBu/-10dBV.
- S/P-DIF Digital I/O.
- MIDI In / Out / Thru.
- Flash card slot for presets and additional soundskins.
- 1 GPO on stereo jack connector.
- 2 GPI on stereo jack connectors (Momentary Switch and Continuous Controller: Pedal Sustain and Expression Pedal).
- USB allows rapid soundskin download (e.g. Fahrenheit takes 3 seconds) and computer based editing (Windows XP / Mac OSX).
- Internal power supply 110-220VAC/50-60Hz.
About the new skins
The Chameleon mkII will be launched at least 12 soundskins already installed. Current skins will be expanded to take full advantage of the desktop unit’s power and interface.
- Commodore 64 SID emulator.
- Electric piano.
- Drums clicktrack machine and pattern sequencer.
- PD synthesizer.
All skins will be complimented by full graphic editors for your PC/Mac to integrate into the modern digital studio.
The new Chameleon will be sold only directly from Soundart and its price will be Euro 1,495,00 including DHL shipping to anywhere in the world. Customers who pre-order before September 2004 will be entitled to a significant discount, and only pay 995,00 Euros.
The Chameleon mkII is expected to be available in Quarter 2, 2005, and will be available via the Soundart site.