Griffin Technology is shipping the SmartDeck Intelligent Cassette Adapter for iPod. The SmartDeck lets users control their iPod using the built-in controls of their cassette player.
“SmartDeck is a major improvement over passive car cassette adapters,” said Paul Griffin, President of Griffin Technology. “Customers tell us that they want an iPod cassette adapter. So we designed the coolest iPod cassette adapter with the coolest features we could pack into it.”
Users can use the cassette deck’s forward and rewind buttons to advance to the next or prior songs in the iPod playlist. In addition, pause and stop buttons do what pause and stop buttons are expected to do. When the user hits the cassette deck’s Eject button or switches from Cassette to Radio, Griffin’s SmartPlay technology automatically pauses the iPod.
The SmartDeck also has the ability to control the iPod volume settings for optimal sound quality with your deck.
- Control iPod navigation through the car stereo
- Intelligent level control for optimal cassette player input levels
- Features highest-quality cassete tape head for crystal clear quality
- Sets optimal volume on the iPod for best audio quality
- Seamless integration between iPod and car stereo
- User selectable Scan or Skip mode
A version of the SmartDeck compatible with iPod nano is expected to be shipping in November.