Smoke Detector Saves Woman From Synth

Not only can synths emit dangerous white noise, but they can destroy your house and home and even threaten your life.

According to the Brockville Recorder & Times, Thia Thompson was asleep in her upstairs bedroom when she was awakened by her smoke detector. Fire Chief Bill Lawrence said that it’s likely that the smoke detector saved Thompson’s life.

Lawrence said a synthesizer-type instrument with a low-voltage transformer appears to have overheated, causing the fire. Eighteen firefighters in three vehicles took more than half an hour to get the fire under control.

Thompson’s husband was away at the time, said the chief. Lawrence estimated the damage at $30,000 to $40,000, but said that figure could go up.

Leave a Reply