Vir2 have announced syntAX, a Kontakt Player 2 based virtual instrument described as ‘part synth, part interactive sonic revolution’.
The core of syntAX is a 2000+ patch synth library covering an immense amount of synth territory, including soaring leads, evolving pads, thick basses, harsh distortions, unusual textures, other-worldly atmospheres, FX, hits, blips, and more.
Then syntAX blazes into new territory with its custom scatterFX engine which allows real-time manipulation and interaction with the syntAX core library. scatterFX is made up of two components: scatFX and stepFX. scatFX gives you unprecedented control over rhythmic stuttering, allowing you to program, play, and command rhythmic patterns of syntAX. stepFX functions as an advanced step modulator allowing you to melodically animate pattern-based arpeggiations. Both scatFX and stepFX lock to tempo and can be controlled by numerous external MIDI controllers, making the synth completely interactive.
- Over two thousand different synth patches across a wide variety of folders: Arp Attacks, Atmospheres, Basses, Distortions, FX and Hits, Leads, Pads, Phat and Filtered, SyntOrchestra, and Textures
- 3.6GB of 24-bit samples
- The scatterFX engine available in all patches
- Remote control of many sonic parameters, including scatterFX and envelope controls, available via MIDI CC
- Independent control of scatFX and stepFX modules
- Resonant filter controllable via modulation wheel
- 16 Preset slots to save custom scatterFX settings
- All rhythmic operations instantly tempo-sync to sequencer hosts
- Customizable input quantization
- Multitimbral operation, supporting up to 64 simultaneous instruments loaded (subject to RAM availability), receiving up to 64 MIDI channels (16 in plug-in mode)
- Kontakt Player 2 engine, supporting standalone operation as well as plug-in operation in all major hosts that support AudioUnit, VST, RTAS, or DXi plug-ins
- Special upgrade pricing to the full version of Kontakt 2, which allows for fuller editing of the instruments
Pricing and Availability: