Infrasonik – a new site offering sample packs for Ableton Live and Kontakt – has launched.
Its initial offering is Infrasonik’s Analogue Processes v1; sample packs in the works include libraries by Carl Finlow and Richard Devine.
Infrasonik’s Analogue Processes v1
Infrasonik’s Analogue Process v1 provides a fresh palette of percussion including deep sine wave kicks, raunchy snares, lo fi claps, and undefinable percussive hits recorded using some of the finest names in analogue outboard gear including Rupert Neve, Chandler, API, Vintech, and Purple Audio.
Infrasonik’s goal was to build an Ableton Live sample pack of cutting edge sounds ideal for modern electronic styles, with the warmth, punch, and sheen that only analogue gear can provide.
Details and demos are available at the Infrasonik site.
- 42 Impulse Banks (High Hats, Claps, Kicks, Vox, Snares, etc.)
- 39 Impulse kits with modular processing chains.
- 15 Channel strips with analogue style dynamics and EQ.
- 15 EQ chains modelled on vintage EQs.
- 39 Midi clips.
- Modular processing chains allowing fast and easy swapping of “processing modules” between different kits and tracks.
- A maximum of 4 macro controls on the racks let users quickly dial in an inspiring setting, and is perfect for DJing or live performance use.
- Effects are balanced using Live’s Utility effect to avoid level fluctuations when doing effect manipulations in a live performance setting.
- The final output level is set for a maximum peak value of between -3.0 DbFS and -2.0 DbFS
- Impulse kits are carefully gain staged to leave at least 4-6 DB of headroom between each device in the DSP chain for super clean processing and no digital distortion.
- A limiting module at the end of each Impulse kit’s DSP chain prevents the chain’s final output from clipping in a live performance or DJ setting.
- The kits are designed to have 10-12 DB of dynamic range.
- All sounds are 24 bit.