The keyboards offer an impressive feature set for their under-$500 price, including 128-voice polyphony, 16-part multi-timbral operation, wireless operation, velocity sensitive keyboard with aftertouch and it doubles as a MIDI controller.
Both instruments feature a 64MB sound set containing a complete range of classic keyboard instruments such as: Grand Pianos, Electric Pianos, B3s, Clavinets, Solina-Moog-OB-Prophet-Juno-TB synthesizer leads and basses, as well a General MIDI sound set. Sounds can be modified during performance using six controller knobs, pitch and mod wheels, controller pedal, footswitch and the octave transpose buttons.
The LONGboard and SHORTboard are based on the new E-MU 8030 platform, which performs pitch interpolation for 128 voices, as well as generating 256 envelope generators, 128 LFOs, 128 low-pass ?lters (12dB/octave with resonance), 128 DCAs and 32-bit effects processing.
“The advanced technology contained in this keyboard is astounding,” said Michael Lee. “Because of the 8030 chip, we’re able to offer a truly professional keyboard at an unbelievable price point.”
PIPEline wireless audio transmission is also included, and under battery power, allows completely cordless operation up to 49 feet away. PIPEline is E-MU’s new wireless stereo transceiver system designed for musicians.
Prices for the LONGboard and SHORTboard are:
- LONGboard – $499.99 including PIPEline receiver (US only) / €399.99
- SHORTboard – $399.99 including PIPEline receiver (US only) / €299.99
- Full-size professional keys with aftertouch. The LONGboard 61 and SHORTboard 49 are expressive performance instruments with high-quality synth-action keybeds.
- E-MU 8030-based sound-engine with 128-voice polyphony
- 64 MB Premium keyboard and General MIDI (GM) compatible sound banks
- 32-bit Reverb and Chorus effects
- Built-in PIPELine wireless transmitter
- User-definable split keyboard (for playing two sounds at once)
- Six synthesizer controller knobs (double as MIDI controllers)
- Programmable data slider MIDI controller
- Pitch and Mod Wheels
- Octave transpose buttons
- MIDI Input/Output jacks (Can be used as a computer MIDI interface; MIDI output doubles as MIDI Thru)
- Dual 1/4″ headphone jacks
- Can be bus-powered via USB, DC powered, or battery powered